If you allow comments, you are potentially opening a door for spam. Please make sure to go back and close comments for older posts and delete spam comments!
If you requested a blog when you requested your Pages site, we will generally have already created the list page for you and put it in your menu. In this case, you can skip to Step #8.
- Click on "Add Content."
- Choose "List"
- Give your blog a title
- Choose "Articles: Blog" as the List type
- Add some introductory text (optional)
- If you want to create a menu link to your blog, slect the "Provide a menu link" check box.
- At the bottom of the List's Edit screen, click "Save."
- Create Articles: You will land on the page for your blog. To add articles, click the "Add article" button at the bottom of the page or go to "Add Content" and choose "Article."
- Choose Comment settings: By default, each article will have the comment settings set to "Closed." If you would like to allow people to comment on your blog posts, you will need to select comment settings from the tabs near the bottom of the article and change the setting from "Closed" to "Open." (see image below)
- At the bottom of the Article's Edit screen, click "Save."
Managing your blog
Comments made by anonymous visitors (folks who are not logged in) are not visible until they are approved. This is because a number of posts are usually spam.
You can see a list of unapproved comments on your articles by visiting your user profile. This is the first page you see after you log in, and you can reach it by clicking on your username in the black toolbar at the top of the site.
If a comment is spam, simply click 'delete'. If you want to view the comment and potentially approve it, click on the linked article title. To make the comment visible, click 'approve' below the comment.